Our dental practice is QIP accredited, following the best practice standards in Australia with stringent infection control protocols. Besides, QIP accreditation ensures that we deliver the best quality treatment for our patients in the safest environment at our clinic. Call Us at (07) 4151 7305 to know more about accreditation.
What is accreditation?
Accreditation is independent recognition that an organisation, service, program or activity meets the requirements of defined criteria or standards. Besides, this provides quality and performance assurance for owners, managers, staff, funding bodies and consumers. Furthermore, accreditation is a tool to measure and improve performance and outcomes.
Accreditation can help an organisation to:
- Provide independent recognition that the organisation is committed to safety and quality
- Foster a culture of quality
- Provide consumers with confidence
- Build a better, more efficient organisation with quality and performance assurance
- Increase capability
- Reduce risk
- Provide a competitive advantage over organisations that don’t have accreditation, and
- Finally, comply with regulatory requirements, where relevant.
Quality Innovation Performance (QIP) assists organisations to choose the quality improvement framework best suited for them.
About QIP Accreditation
Accreditation is voluntary, profession-led and aims to promote continuous quality improvement.
The program is responsive to the needs and expectations of the dental profession. Also, this provides a sound evidence-based approach to accreditation by focusing on the first six NSQHS Standards that are applicable to dentistry.
During the accreditation cycle practices undertake a process of continuous quality improvement and submit a mid-cycle report to QIP. This mid-cycle report supports practices to demonstrate ongoing compliance with the NSQHS Standards.
Accreditation assists dental practices to:
- Build a culture of quality and patient safety
- Reduce clinical and general risks
- Educate and engage staff in quality improvement processes and systems
- Establish competitive advantage over non-accredited dental practices, and
- Promote the quality and safety of services to both patients and the community.
Dental practices accredited by QIP can promote their achievement of accreditation through use of the Approved Accredited Symbol.
Finally, QIP supports our dental practice’s commitment to continuous quality improvement.