East Side Dental, a dental implant clinic at Bundaberg, provides affordable dental implants for patients who require a permanent tooth replacement.
Why have dental implants?
Tooth implant doesn’t come loose like a denture and are made to match your natural teeth. It is an ideal option for people who have lost a tooth or have missing teeth when you use an experienced implant dentist.
The advantages are numerous when compared to conventional crowns, bridges and removable dentures:
- Dental implant looks and feels like natural teeth.
- Dental implants function in the same way as natural teeth.
- After implants have stabilized, patients can enjoy a diet without restrictions
- The patient has no difficulties with eating or cleaning the teeth.
- Also, it does not require the support of healthy adjacent tooth or teeth.
- Finally, implant maintains the structure of the bone beneath the replaced tooth.
- Also, it helps to stimulate the natural process of bone renewal.
Tooth Implant process and procedure
Dental Implants are usually made of titanium which is very strong and readily accepted by human tissues. The dentist inserts the implant into the jaw and then leaves it for around 3-4 months. After this period, the bone to integrates with the tooth implant, creating a strong anchor for the replacement tooth.
After the bone has integrated with the dental implant, the treatment is completed with a finely sculpted tooth replacement tooth known as a crown that is screwed or cemented onto the implant by your dentist or prosthodontist. The result is a very strong, durable and natural looking replacement tooth. Also, it functions and appears just like a real tooth.
Types of dental implants
There are 2 types of dental implants. Endosteal implants and Subperiosteal implants.
Dental implant surgery success factors
Common factors that help in the success of implant dentistry include:
- Adequate bone support—Bone density is one of the most important factors for dental reconstruction success.
- Healthy Gums – It’s important to have healthy gums since dental implants fit into the jawbone just below the gum tissue.
- Good overall health— It is important that you are in good health as implant dentistry requires a surgical procedure and good health helps in the healing process of the implant.
Most frequent questions and answers
Dentists generally don’t use this term . It probably used to describe dental implants.
Dental implant abutment is a connector, built on the top of the dental implant, to connect the implant to the replacement tooth or teeth (usually a ceramic crown).
The cost of implant treatment depends on various factors including:
1. Bone density
2. The number of implants
3. Type of artificial teeth
Visit our affordable dental implants clinic for an estimate as it is difficult to give a dental implant average cost.
Best dental implants are made of Titanium.
At present there are no inexpensive dental implants due to the length of the treatment as well as the material used for replacement of missing teeth.
It’s question only your dentist can answer after a detailed dental diagnosis. There are several factors including the condition of the jaws and bone density.
Single tooth implant as the name implies is replacement of a single tooth. There is no complete dental implants, it probably refers to multiple teeth implants using a dental bridge.
Please refer to answer 5. You an opt for one of our easy payment options.
This probably refers to dental implants.
All dental implants are artificial.